Saturday, January 4, 2014

Back to Work

After six months of maternity leave I am due to return to work on Monday, January 6, 2014.  It's bittersweet for me.  I have a sweet daughter who just turned two years old in December and I have a wonderful little boy who will be 6 months old in two days.  I've had so much fun going to playgroups, music classes, drum classes, birthday parties, Halloween parties and just taking naps!

I also have a class of 25 second graders who are anxiously awaiting my arrival.  I don't want to let them down and I am planning some fun activities to build our class community.  It's like starting the year all over again in January! I have to get to know them and they have to get to know me.  It's exciting and it will be exhausting but I am humbled at the opportunity to be there and learn with them as well.

I started this blog not only to record my daily observations as a second grade bilingual public school teacher but also to record the growth in language development of my own children.  I've spent a lot of time learning and taking some classes in Early Childhood Development and I really need to record what I observe.  I am even thinking of quitting my 16 year career as an inner city teacher.  Early Intervention needs more Developmental Therapists and it's something that I am definitely interested in.  For now, I'm going to hang in there for another year or two.









No comments:

Post a Comment